Care’s Online Book Club over at http://bkclubcare.wordpress.com posted this MEME about Favorite Books. I thought I would join in on the fun and see what answers I come up with. If you would like to play either cut and paste the meme to your own blog and link back here or cut and paste the meme to the comment section of this post and answer there.
MEME: A FAVORITE BOOK meme!
1. A book that made you cry: Marley & Me: Life & Love With The World’s Worst Dog by John Grogan
2. A book that scared you: The Ring by Koji Suzuki
3. A book that made you laugh: Candy Girl: A Year In The Life of an Unlikely Stripper by Diablo Cody
4. A book that disgusted you: Nothing’s popping up in recent memory
5. A book you loved in elementary school: Where The Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls (5th Grade)
6. A book you loved in middle school: I don’t remember junior high… because it SUCKED!!!
7. A book you loved in high school: To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
8. A book you hated in high school: Beowulf
9. A book you loved in college: College was a mix of music and partying. I majored in Musical Theatre, Vocal Performance & Music Business and in that order but not all at the same time. I don’t remember reading a book for fun or even for the one year of English that I had to take.
10. A book that challenged your identity or your faith: The Left Behind Series and most recently Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult
11. A series that you love: I loved the Sunfire Romance series when I was growing up. They were books with a heroine set in different periods of American history. My favorite that I remember was Cassie by Vivian Schurfranz
12. Your favourite horror book: Salem’s Lot by Stephen King
13. Your favourite science-fiction book: I think that Angels & Demons by Dan Brown falls under this category
14. Your favourite fantasy book: The Heavenly Horse of the Outermost West by Mary Stanton
15. Your favorite mystery book: The Alienist by Caleb Carr
16. Your favourite biography: It’s an autobiography and it’s called The Inner Voice by Renee Fleming
17. Your favourite coming-of-age book: The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger
18. Your favourite book not on this list: So many books to list here…. Tailchaser’s Song by Tad Williams, Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden,; The Red Tent by Anita Diamant, The Reading Group by Elizabeth Noble, Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides, Mermaid’s Song by Alida Van Gores… just to name a few.